Trackbar select range tweaks

Duane Clark dclark at
Sun Aug 3 11:27:55 CDT 2003

Dustin Navea wrote:
> could someone send me the testcase and i will run it on a win2k machine, a
> win98 machine and a winxp machine?

Hmm, an executable for determining the SM_CYCAPTION metric is small, so
I'll attach that. It comes from this code.

#include "windows.h"
#include "stdio.h"

	printf("GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCAPTION) = %d\n",

For determing thumb size, I use MS ControlSpy, available here:

That includes binaries. Just run the Trackbar binary, click on
"TBM_GETTHUMBLENGTH" in the window on the lower left, and then click the
"Send" button. In the window below that button, it should say something
lResult: 21 (0x15)
which means the thumb size is 21.