wrong keyboard layout

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sun Aug 10 21:16:21 CDT 2003

"Raul" <zombi82 at hot.ee> wrote:

> couple years ago, when i sent the estonian layout patch, worked fine
> put now im using redhat 9 and detects wrong layout (Latin American
> keyboard layout)
> is there some changes that breaks the layout or im making something wrong?

The changes have been made on the XFree86 side, not in Wine. It seems
that XFree86 guys have corrected all their keyboard layouts to have
no more than 2 keysyms per keycode in the single layout. As far as I can
track it down that work was started for 4.2.x and with 4.3.0 (almost?) all
keyboard layouts in XFree86 were fixed.

BTW, what wrong happens if your keyboard was misdetected? In the current
CVS all national characters should work fine regardless what keyboard
layout was detected. Is that only a warning message which makes you worry?

--
Dmitry.