cab_G_00-pre1 (RFC)

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 13 02:17:30 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 03:57 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "Gregory M. Turner" <gmturner007 at ameritech.net> writes:
> > Would love to hear if I have not done things in a properly
> > "SETUPAPI" way, i.e., am I supposed to be performing certain
> > logging or memory allocation rituals, anything like that?
>
> One ritual is that you should not use msvcrt from other dlls, this
> will cause trouble with apps that use the Unix libc.

That was a bit of laziness and is definitely fixable.  Worst case, it will
require that I "re-implement" _open() & family within setupapi, in terms of
CreateFile & family.  Presumably, just such code can be found in the msvcrt
sources -- unless somebody knows some kernel32 place, or some more obscure
place, where I could find similar functions (to _open, _close, _read, _write,
& _lseek) already linked to setupapi?

--
gmt

"Jesse Ventura took American politics and raised it
 to the level of professional wrestling."
    -- Argus Hamilton