[winegcc06] Delayed import

Richard Cohen richard.cohen at virgin.net
Thu Aug 14 04:30:02 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On August 13, 2003 10:08 pm, Richard Cohen wrote:
>
> This is not cool -- winegcc is supposed to be command line compatible
> with mingw-gcc, and -d conflicts with gcc's -d:
>

> Having the option in winewrap is OK, there we control the options.
> If this feature is useful in Windows, gcc must/will support it,
> right? If they don't already, we better get in touch with them
> so we end up with the same option name/syntax.

I agree - I just chose -d to be the same as winebuild.

How about an option --delay-lib... for winewrap, and to avoid polluting
winegcc's namespace, pass it via -Wl
eg something like...

     winegcc -mwindows grotto.c -Wl,--delay-lib,comdlg32

As an aside, delayed import libraries are used twice in programs/
(wineconsole & winedbg), and apparently in comctl32, msvcrt, oleaut32.

They are ineffective in wineconsole at the moment because (for some
reason) ole32 is immediately pulled in, which pulls in shell32, which
pulls in comdlg32 ...

Richard.