GTA3 crash :( -- RedHat 9

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at
Thu Aug 14 15:33:44 CDT 2003

> However, try commenting out the line in directx.c :
> object->visInfo = glXChooseVisual(object->display,
> DefaultScreen(object->display), dblBuf);

Basically, for this to work reliably, you have three choices :

 - do a full rewrite of the Wine windowing code to be able to somehow
  'recreate' on the fly an X Window with new parameters (in this case, a
  better visual). This would help me also in the OpenGL code :-)
 - create yourself (by adding some hacks in X11DRV) a new window with this

 - do as I did for the DesktopDoubleBuffered option, but more generic (by
   adding stencil support to the already existing double buffering option).
   Then people could add in their DLL overrides 'GTA.EXE => windows are
   double buffered and stencilled'.

		 Lionel Ulmer -