Quick license question

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Sun Aug 17 19:13:01 CDT 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:21, Jason Edmeades wrote:
> I know this has been asked in the past, but whats the deal in using GPL
> code in wine (which is LGPL)?
> Can it be used or is it something to completely avoid?

You can't use GPL code in an LGPL project. You can use LGPL code in a GPL
project by converting it to GPL.

Depending on what you're doing, this may not be a problem though, but if
you're wanting to integrate GPL code into a Wine library, you'll need to get
permission from the original authors of the GPL code to relicense it under
the LGPL.