export variables in dlls

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Mon Aug 18 08:02:00 CDT 2003

Am Mon, 2003-08-18 um 14.24 schrieb Dimitrie O. Paun:

> First, I don't know perl, so that was not an option. As for bash, the
> kind of argument manipulations we're doing are not easily achieved in
> bash, and it seemed it would have been cleaner to do it in C.

I am not sure what manipulations you're talking about; AFAICS the hard
stuff is done by winebuild anyway. What I don't like about C in this
case is that all the low-level stuff (realloc() and friends) makes the
code hard to read and prone to buffer overflows and the like.

Anyway, you do the work, you decide.

> Moreover, it seems that C is way more prefered
> (on average) than scripting languages,  and in fact it's a better way
> of inviting contributions. See the latest attempt to use Perl for our
> conformance tests...

Yeah, the wine guys like low-level coding :-)
Perhaps I'll contribute a bash version of winewrap soon, just for fun.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409