REGRESSION: environment variables no longer possible

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Aug 19 12:47:31 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> > Attached patch is rather useless, but however it makes the old profile
> > code be consistent with the new behaviour. A better approach is to
> > completely remove environment handling from profile.c.
>
> Yes, I think environment handling should be left to the application.

While this makes sense from a separation perspective, it will prove to
be very inconvenient in practice. For decent integration we need access
to the environment, and having wrapper over wrapper to do these things
is not convenient.

Maybe the solution would be to have a winecore things that does the
absolute minimum, and have a wine be a wrapper that handles environment,
etc. IIRC there are other candidates for moving in such a beast, no?

--
Dimi.