[winegcc06] Delayed import

Richard Cohen richard.cohen at virgin.net
Tue Aug 19 14:51:09 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On August 14, 2003 05:30 am, Richard Cohen wrote:
 >>
>>     winegcc -mwindows grotto.c -Wl,--delay-lib,comdlg32
>
> Yes, this works better, but I'm curious why the gcc people don't
> support it? Did you check the mingw docu for this feature?

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5712741

is the only reference I could find on any the mingw mailing lists - a
mingw-user saying he'd never heard of delay loading.

The ld documentation certainly doesn't mention delay loading and I can't
find a reference on the binutils mailing list.

MS: /DELAYLOAD
Borland: -d
Irix: -delay_load
winebuild: -d and --delay-lib

so I would suggest either -delay_load or (my favourite) -delay-load.

It doesn't really matter if we have it first - we can always change it
later.  In any case, we need to have our own extensions - eg to stop
winewrap creating a wrapper script.

PS. Alexandre, are my winegcc patches OK or should I rewrite them in
Perl ? :-)

--
Richard