export variables in dlls

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Thu Aug 21 16:08:04 CDT 2003

Am Die, 2003-08-19 um 00.36 schrieb Dimitrie O. Paun:

> Try doing winegcc in standard sh, I doubt you'll get any shorter/cleaner
> code. Not to mention a bit slower :)

You challenged me :-) really, shell coding is one of my favorites.

Have a look at the attached code, if you like. Actually, I found it
easier to mimic winegcc than wineld. For C++ code, a link
winec++ -> winecc needs to be created.

I have added a few enhancements, such as dealing with non-standard Wine
installation directories, running from a Wine source tree, and more
sophisticated debug output. Therefore, the code indeed isn't shorter
than the C code. IMO it is more readable and to the point, though - but
that's of course a matter of taste.

I found that paths in the original winegcc/winewrap are broken for my
wine/linux installation, so the paths that I put in these scripts may be
broken for MingW. They can be easily customized with environment
variables, though; see bottom of winetools.sh.

All three files must be somewhere in the PATH.
Everyone is invited to try this stuff out. I ran it with bash, ash, zsh,
and pdksh here, so I guess it must be fairly portable.

Please send bug reports to my email address because I'am not reading
wine-devel on a daily basis.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409