IPersistFile::Load() broken ? + WineLib queries

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Aug 21 22:53:21 CDT 2003

On August 21, 2003 07:32 pm, Subhobroto Sinha wrote:
> With the latest WineLib(from Wine20030813), I did NOT
> have to make ANY changes to the original source

Good! This is good progress indeed!

> however, but though the source compiled without any
> issues, it failed at the IPersistFile::Load() call !

Bummer. Please try to find the exact patch that caused
the problem. Here are the instructions on how you can
do that:
    http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression.shtml

> Is it due to a BUG in the latest release, or did I do
> something wrong ?

If the native .exe fails to work, is a BUG by definition.

> Second:
> (2) How do I REDUCE the size of WineLib compiled apps
> ?
> Those source code which compile to ~35KB using VC6,
> compile to ~900KB using WineLib.
> Currently, I have to "strip" the WineLib compiled
> apps, but often, this breaks them !
> Any suggestions ?

How big are stripped binaries? Why/how do they break?

> (3) How do I log the output to a file say
> "Winelog.log" of a command like:
>
> "$ wine --debugmsg +all winelibapp.exe.so --
> commandline args"
>
> Redirection (>>) or pipes (|less) only captues the
> output given by "winelibapp.exe.so" and NOT that given
> by Wine.

The log is sent to stderr, so you need to do 2>Winelog.log,
like so:

  $wine --debugmsg + all winelibapp.exe.so 2>Winelog.log

--
Dimi.