PATCH - winnt.h move non-standard language IDs to wine/port.h

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Aug 21 23:53:41 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> We still have a few (hard to remove) "#ifdef __WINESRC__" in our headers.
> We all agree they should be removed, but they are not trivially removable
> right now. I say we should move all such extensions to a "wine/internal.h"
> header. This will accomplish a few things:
>   -- make the task of compiling with other headers a lot easier. This will
>      further result in more portability and header fixes for our standard
>      headers, which is a Good Thing(TM).
>   -- the "wine/internal.h" include should be included only from .c files,
>      thus explicitly marking such offenders, and providing a list of
>      things that need to be addressed.
>   -- the "wine/internal.h" header itself will serve as a quick "TODO" for
>      people interested in fixing these. The last two points will also
>      make it easier to see where we're using undesirable extensions.
>
> Whatdayasay?

I don't think the problem is so much with internal definitions, pretty
much all of them are gone at this point. The problem is really with
extensions that we want to make available to applications too, like
the extra languages. We could have a wine/extensions.h header, but I'm
not convinced we can really move everything there without creating a
big mess.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com