FAQ update

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Fri Aug 22 09:38:15 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 06:05, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On 21 Aug 2003, Jeremy Newman wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 19:19, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > > What are the other problems with the generated HTML?
> >
> > For the docs the hyperlinks would need to be changed.
>
> Currently we get relative links to shtml files, e.g.:
>
> What would we need? Something like this?

Yes, that would be fine, the actual url would then be:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/introduction

I would need to update the site engine to know how to handle the docs
virtual path. I would place the newly generated docs into the website
path as: templates/en/docs/wine-[user|devel]/*.template
They would not need to be in CVS then, I would just put a .cvsignore in
the templates/en dir to skip the docs dir.

The actual format of the .template is as follows:

would be between the <body> tags.
- the page title is specified via the first line in the .template file
as: <!--TITLE:[Title Goes Here]-->

The benefits of this would that the docs then would then match the rest
of the website.

--
Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com>
CodeWeavers, Inc.