Build broken due to -lpthread

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Thu Aug 21 15:53:36 CDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
>> So perhaps we ought to use -lc_r instead of -lc and omit -lpthread on
>> FreeBSD (or use -pthread)?
> The "best" solution IMHO would be to have configure look for -lpthread
> and put the value into @PTHREAD_LIBS at . Then the Wine port can just
> s/-lpthread/${PTHREAD_LIBS}/g configure  in the post-patch-target

Please keep in mind that Wine should build as is (in CVS) without any
FreeBSD-specific changes.

I have been investing a lot of time and effort to reach that state and
would like to keep it that way (and Alexandre agrees with that, as far
as I know).

As far as I can see, the ideal approach might be:

 o Check whether -lphtread exits/works and use it only, if it does.
 o Check whether -lc_r exists/works, and if it does, use that instead
   of -lc.

These two are independent, and should work in general, that is, portably.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/