Usage of remove_timeout_user in the wineserver

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sat Aug 23 13:06:51 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at> writes:

> Basically the callback for the timeout is called, and the callback (for
> instance in set_next_timer:queue.c) calls remove_timeout_user() which
> does a free( user ), but at the end of handle_timeout() it also performs
> a free, so I think the same timeout struct is freed twice.

That shouldn't happen, the timeout can be either handled or removed,
but not both. Exactly where do you see this happen?  Do we somewhere
call remove_timeout_user while handling the timeout?

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at