PATCH - winnt.h move non-standard language IDs to wine/port.h

Gerold J. Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 09:02:50 CDT 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 18:12, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> IMO it's better to leave the extensions in the normal headers and make
> the code deal with missing definitions in case you are building under
> Windows. So instead of importing the definition of say LANG_GAELIC
> from some Wine header, you wrap that code in a #ifdef LANG_GAELIC, and
> then the app can build and run correctly both on Windows and Wine. We
> could also wrap the extensions with #ifndef WINE_NO_EXTENSIONS in our
> headers so that you can define that symbol when building under Wine to
> make sure your code is portable.

I don't know much about wine extensions. I just wonder why wine needs such
things. In the past there were problems when wine didn't behave like windows
and these extensions are problematic too.

I have to apologize, because my lack of knowledge in this regard,
but there are multilingual versions of Windows too. Why not do
it like Microsoft does? Is this possible?

Regards
Gerold