Mainsoft MainWin

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Sun Aug 24 17:57:32 CDT 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:14, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On August 23, 2003 09:44 am, Martin Fuchs wrote:
> > Do they use wine code, do they use MS OS source code licencies, or how
> > did they manage this?
>
> IIRC they use MS licensed code.

We tried both MainWin and Wind/U many years ago but found that there was one
major problem - whenever there was a problem in their API, we were at their
mercy as to whether and when they would fix it. This is not acceptable for
development or packaged applications. With Wine (and formerly TWIN and
Twine), we could fix any problems in the API ourselves, on our own schedule.

My advice would be to save your money and use Wine. Being able to fix problems
yourself is worth far more than the money you'll pay for one of the
commercial cross development APIs.