Fwd: Your message to wine-bugs awaits moderator approval

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Sun Aug 24 23:59:05 CDT 2003

On Sunday 24 August 2003 10:23 pm, Duane Clark wrote:
> Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> > I don't think I've done anything on wine-bugs lately... what's going on
> > here?
> >
> Sobig.F is kindly sending emails to the list with your email address
> forged on them.

Figures.  I have "tons" of bounced email coming back to me from other sources
too.  Reading the full headers, it's surprisingly unclear how I ever got
involved in the mess... but it's obviously virus crap.  The emails contain a
.pif file (AFAIK those are not supported by wine :P ).

AFAIK this has nothing to do with winehq, though... considering that I "only"
receive 10 of these a day or so, it's also unlikely that sobig or whatever
has specifically targeted me, which surely would have resulted in tens of
thousands...

> Sorry about the bounces. I have now disabled the
> automatic notification; it is already off on the other lists but somehow
> it was still on on wine-bugs.

Of course I am not pissed about this, and no apology is due.  I direct all my
anger at the antivirus companies who are obviously behind this ;)

--
gmt

"We have to get basically voters to say 'I'd like to vote
for the politician who thinks of global equity'"
  -- Bill Gates, World Economic Forum 2002