Exceptions

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 08:11:43 CDT 2003

--- Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> wrote:
> I believe structured exception handling is not implemented in Wine (it
> requires support from gcc first).

There is a patch to give basic SEH support to gcc that has been developed for Mingw. The ReactOS
Project is also looking in to ways to implement SEH in the event Mingw and GCC main will not
accept the patches for this. I dont know all of the low level details of the plan except the if we
cannot get permission from the patent holder then we are going to have to implement SEH as a set
of macros. Our developers have a few good ideas of how to get around it in ReactOS and Mingw but I
dont about the WINE case.

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/6016/2002/8/0/9368824/

Thanks
Steven