Wine 0.9 progress

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Aug 28 11:06:16 CDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Jakob Eriksson wrote:

> This is almost exactly what I had in mind, save some details
> on how the reporting back to the Wine project should be done.

Cool -- I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. As for reporting
back, email is one idea. It has a number of advantages:
  -- can be archived, forwarded, etc.
  -- delivery is asynchronous
  -- we get web access to the archives for free
  -- we don't have to worry about naming
  -- people can review such reports right from their mail clients
  -- it is safe and secure

The only question is: how hard is it to send an email through
the Win32 API (sorry, never used that before)?

Other options would be to setup a web download area, or a
dedicated ftp site. But these are tricky in other ways.

--
Dimi.