Exceptions

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu Aug 28 11:48:56 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 03:04 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "flyker" <flyker at everys.com> writes:
> > using Winelib i can write
> >
> >  __TRY {
> >  }
> >  __EXCEPT( ??? )
> >  {
> >  }
> >
> > what can i use how EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER ?
>
> In general you need to create a function that returns a filter value
> (EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER or EXCEPTION_CONTINUE_SEARCH), and pass
> that function name in __EXCEPT(). There are many examples of that in
> the Wine source. As a simplification, if you want to execute the
> handler in all cases (i.e. your filter function always returns
> EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER) then you can use NULL instead of a function
> name.

There are limitations.  You must exit the try block using "normal" flow
control.  That is, using return, goto, break, or continue to leave a __TRY
block will cause disaster.  Otherwise they work OK.

--
gmt

"We have to get basically voters to say 'I'd like to vote
for the politician who thinks of global equity'"
  -- Bill Gates, World Economic Forum 2002