[winecfg 1.1] Implement saveConfigValue(), style changes, code cleanup, UI alignment

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Aug 28 14:30:30 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> Keeping these 3 task separate does not mean they will be lost
> and forgoten -- I volunteer to keep track of them independently.
> In fact, we'll get more work done this way, because different
> people enjoy working on different bits. Defining exactly what
> we want winecfg to do will help Mike get the job done faster.
> Defining explicitly and granularly the paramter cleanup tasks
> will allow others (not interested in winecfg work) pick up
> pieces and run with them.

Sure, they are separate tasks, it's more an issue of in which order we
do things. If we are going to change things in the config tree, then
it's a lot easier to do before winecfg is used, otherwise we need to
add a lot of backwards compatibility code in there; so I think
throwing the switch for winecfg should be one of the last things we
do, once the rest is at least well under way. That doesn't prevent
working on winecfg, we can do at least 95% of it without having to
make it edit the primary config tree.

Also once the config is in the registry it becomes inconvenient to
modify by hand, so it implies we first need write support in regedit,
and a working default configuration so that regedit/winecfg can
actually start without requiring config changes.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com