[winecfg 1.1] Implement saveConfigValue(), style changes, code cleanup, UI alignment

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Aug 28 15:29:46 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 21:02, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> It should definitely be possible to apply a subset of changes; we
> don't want to rewrite the full config everytime a change is made. If I
> toggle the "managed" flag for instance I expect that specific key to
> be written to the registry, nothing else. Yes, it will complicate the
> implementation a bit...

OK. That's not how my current codebase works, but apply the patches
anyway and I'll steer it onto a different course.

Probably the best way to do it is to have a queue of transaction
structures, and each time you want to change a registry key (or rather
section/value pair) a new ConfigureTransaction is added to the tail of
the queue. The queue can either be processed instantly, or block until
OK/Cancel.

Alternatively, you can also place marks in the queue, so you can do
gnome2 style "Revert" buttons, ie all changes take effect immediately
(or rather are written to the registry immediately), but you can
basically undo any changes you made while the dialog is still open.

That'd probably work quite well, though if we have an UI complex enough
to need revert buttons we've probably gone wrong somewhere.

Sound good?