Wine 0.9 progress

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Aug 29 12:39:58 CDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On August 28, 2003 06:30 pm, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> > Sure, if that is the address you want for the list I can probably put it
> > up tomorrow sometime. I just want to be very sure before I start work on
> > it.
>
> Well, wine-tests-results at winehq.org is OK AFAICT. Are there better
> proposals?
[...]
> No need for PHP -- the page will be static HTML generated externally
> through a Perl script I'd guess. We'll have to figure a way of integrating
> the above list with such a script. I'm wondering if we don't need a DB
> in the middle, something like so:
>
> wine-tests-results --> parser --> DB --> generator --> .template
>
> Something like MySQL should do, but it's a non-trivial setup.

Do we really need a C program, a new mailing list, automated result
submission, generating HTML and now a database just so we have something
that says:

Test      | Result
kernel32  | Passed
msvcrt    | Passed
oleaut32  | Passed
dsound    | Passed

This all seems very much over-engineered to me. I'd really like to see
that kind of energy spent on fixing the tests so that they actually work
on Windows.

                     Linux: the choice of a GNU generation