Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at
Sun Aug 31 18:01:37 CDT 2003

On August 30, 2003 04:16 pm, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> >  -- We should look for and report the exact version number
> >     of the OS. Now that we have a C program, it should not
> >     be difficult.
> Tests prepared Aug 30 2003
> Operating system version:
> 5.0 Service Pack 2 - NT family 2000

Yes, but I was looking for something more exact. For example,
on my laptop, My Computer's Properties report:
Microsoft Windows 2000
Service Pack 2

In other words, the stuff returned by GetVersionEx():

> >  -- I haven't checked, I hope it also cleans up after itself :)
> I am afraid it does not.  I decided not to for now, since I wanted to
> run the tests manually in case of trouble.

But this should be more a development mode. Maybe just a switch to
turn off cleanup should suffice. For those who care, they can run
it with the switch. Otherwise, always cleanup.

> >This is shaping up nicely. What we still need to do:
> >  -- enlist someone for building this binary on every release,
> >     and upload it to WineHQ.
> This is built with cross-mingw, so the build should be done at the same
> time Wine is tagged in releases, IMHO.

Indeed, I was just pointing out that someone needs to do the build, and
uploaded to SourceForge for others to download.