New EXE

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sun Aug 31 18:18:21 CDT 2003

Le dim 31/08/2003 à 19:01, Dimitrie O. Paun a écrit :
> On August 30, 2003 04:16 pm, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> > Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> > >  -- We should look for and report the exact version number
> > >     of the OS. Now that we have a C program, it should not
> > >     be difficult.

> > Tests prepared Aug 30 2003
> > Operating system version:
> > 5.0 Service Pack 2 - NT family 2000
>
> Yes, but I was looking for something more exact. For example,
> on my laptop, My Computer's Properties report:
> Microsoft Windows 2000
> 5.00.2195
> Service Pack 2

Of those, only the SP will change when installing newer SPs. The build
number will stay the same. NT 4.0 was build 1381 from the original CDs
to SP6a.

(And why haven't you installed SP3 yet? You've read the EULA for it? :))

> In other words, the stuff returned by GetVersionEx():
>     http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/getversionex.asp

Of course, this would be the easiest way to categorize versions. But how
much "original" is the version? What has been installed since then? I
know you can't really trust the DLL versions either...

> > >  -- I haven't checked, I hope it also cleans up after itself :)
> >
> > I am afraid it does not.  I decided not to for now, since I wanted to
> > run the tests manually in case of trouble.
>
> But this should be more a development mode. Maybe just a switch to
> turn off cleanup should suffice. For those who care, they can run
> it with the switch. Otherwise, always cleanup.

Can we assume that individual tests will cleanup after themselves?

> > >This is shaping up nicely. What we still need to do:
> > >  -- enlist someone for building this binary on every release,
> > >     and upload it to WineHQ.
> >
> > This is built with cross-mingw, so the build should be done at the same
> > time Wine is tagged in releases, IMHO.
>
> Indeed, I was just pointing out that someone needs to do the build, and
> uploaded to SourceForge for others to download.

I don't know if at each release is frequent enough. What about
bi-weekly? Or after a set number of CVS commits by Alexandre?
I agree for sf.net for downloading though. We'll need to exactly label
what they are and how to use them productively.

Vincent