New EXE

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Aug 31 18:23:45 CDT 2003

On August 31, 2003 07:18 pm, Vincent Béron wrote:
> (And why haven't you installed SP3 yet? You've read the EULA for it? :))

Nah, I'm just lazy :) I don't use Windows much...

> > In other words, the stuff returned by GetVersionEx():
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/
> >base/getversionex.asp
>
> Of course, this would be the easiest way to categorize versions. But how
> much "original" is the version? What has been installed since then? I
> know you can't really trust the DLL versions either...

Well, we need to go by something. A full dump of the stuff returned by
GetVersionEx is a must. Also, for eash of the DLLs we care about, would
be nice to have some info in case we find failures we can't explain
otherwise.

> > > I am afraid it does not.  I decided not to for now, since I wanted to
> > > run the tests manually in case of trouble.
> >
> > But this should be more a development mode. Maybe just a switch to
> > turn off cleanup should suffice. For those who care, they can run
> > it with the switch. Otherwise, always cleanup.
>
> Can we assume that individual tests will cleanup after themselves?

Maybe they do, but we still unpack some files, we should just erase the
entire temp dir we create, unless we're told not to do so. It's just
good manners :)

> I don't know if at each release is frequent enough. What about
> bi-weekly? Or after a set number of CVS commits by Alexandre?
> I agree for sf.net for downloading though. We'll need to exactly label
> what they are and how to use them productively.

Yes, it would be nice to have more frequent releases, but we would have
trouble labeling them...unless we stick to the build date. But in that
case, we have to have a well understood convention on what YYYYMMDD
means in terms of time, and we have to stick to it (well, the person
building this should). Any takers?

--
Dimi.