new old winetests

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Dec 2 00:55:59 CST 2003

On November 25, 2003 02:53 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> State of affairs attached.  I didn't use popen() because Wine
> doesn't support it.

OK,

This looks a lot cleaner. Very, very nice! There are still
a few nits, but I think it should go in so we can send small
incremental patches. Here are the few problems that I still see:

  -- the mkdir() issue is still not 100% solved. We currently have:
#ifndef _WIN32
#  define mkdir(d) mkdir (d, 0777)
#endif
     which is not too bad, but it will not work if we compile with
     winegcc. We don't need to solve it right now, but it would be
     nice to do so. Why don't we just link with msvcrt? Or we can
     change the test to:
#if defined(__unix__) && !defined(__MSVCRT__)
     which should work with all: gcc/winegcc/mingw/msvc

  -- we use fatal() in remove_dir()
     Again, not a problem, but I'm wondering if we're not too strict.
     Maybe we should just issue warnings for those case, no need to
     kill the entire run, is it?

  -- running ELF tests
     When we do so, we use a hardcoded path for wine
	/usr/local/src/wine/wine
     This is not going to work in general, but it's something we can
     live with for now, as running ELF tests is mainly interesting
     for developers like me who don't have a Windows box easily
     accessible.
  -- we're linking against ws2_32
     Is this DLL available on all versions of Windows we want to run on?
     Remember, we want this to run on all versions of Windows...

In all honesty, I can't see any showstoppers -- the code looks
very neat and clean (thanks Feri!), and the remaining issues can
be solved after inclusion. We have a lot of work to do to close
the loop: web-site integration, getting someone to do builds
and post them on SourceForge (and notify the testers), signing
up testers, etc.

--
Dimi.