Question about simple profiling implementation

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at
Tue Dec 2 05:28:44 CST 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 04:13, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb at> writes:
> > However, if no one minds, I think I'll still implement the stuff I was
> > doing. I found being able to examine the call tree with ballpark figures
> > of how long was spent in each call was very invaluable.
> Note that the relay debugging adds a huge overhead, especially for
> functions that call other parts of Wine, so adding precise timings in
> there is pretty much useless. That may also explain why you get such
> strange results.

I'm aware of that; I merely wanted them as figures showing which functions
were were used the most.

CharNextW specifically does not call any sub-functions, so will not generate
any further delays by additional logging.