Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Tue Dec 2 13:19:38 CST 2003

Dear Robert
I meant to drop you a note, ask what is the status. But you bit me to it.

I have 7 years experience in writing DS filters. I am currently working
on enhancing C++ on wine. I have ATL/WTL/MFC compiling and working under
winelib. I have compiled COM controls generated by ATL VC++ wizards. I
have some problems with the typelibs and so. But this is beside the
subject. I would be happy to help in any way I can. I have lots of code
that is not MS's. Also I have MS Direct Show Classes compiling and
linking under Winelib (again some problems with the typelibs.)

I have my own copyrighted DirectShow video render that is implemented on
top of DirectDraw. It uses the Overlay Surfaces YUV or RGB what ever is
available/requested. It will also fall back to HW (HardWare) memory
surfaces that are not overlay. I did not yet implement the Memory
surfaces support. (didn't need to but it should be easy to add them). I
could release that code under wine I guess. If so I would also release
the windows version of it. But before I do that, there are some issues
to resolve (in order of importance):

1. C++ code must be accepted - This is not an area that C is good
enough, and in any way I don't know C I am only good in C++
2. What is the status of the DDraw lib. Will it support HW and Overlay
2D surfaces? (does it support HW BOB)
3. I am some what dependent on MS DirectShow Classes. (Derivation) I
have a lot, self implemented, but some of the basic stuff I used. I
guess I could reimplement them but it will take time. Do you know what
is the license issues with this code. I know that I have delivered them
to many paying clients, and it was checked by the legal department. I
all ways thought that, that code is: Do what you like no liability what
so ever.

About the Graph manager: I'll think about it. I can certainly do it. But
It is a big project. Do you know of a Company that would like to finance
such a thing to some extent. ( condition 1 above applies C++ only). I'll
think about it any way. Maybe it is not as big as I think. (Usually
projects are much bigger then I think they are)