Question about libwine_unicode functions and others in WINE

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Dec 2 13:25:52 CST 2003

"Robert Shearman" <R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk> writes:

> However, couldn't we just replace the libwine_unicode function with an
> appropriate (well-documented) kernel32 string function:
> strcatW -> lstrcatW
> strcmpW -> lstrcmpW
> strcpyW -> lstrcpyW
> strlenW -> lstrlenW
> etc
> It may add a little bit of overhead in Wine (which we could possibly solve
> by adding #define's for e.g. lstrcatW -> strcatW), but it would solve the
> problem.

Yes, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Not so
much because of libwine_unicode, but because a lot of places use the
lstr* functions for no reason, and this slows things down quite a
bit. The problem is that some places do rely on the exception handling
that the lstr* functions do, so we'd first need to go through every
call to check whether we need to add an exception handler in the
caller.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com