new old winetests

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Dec 2 13:39:14 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Well, unfortunately, the mkdir() bit is a ugly wart. I've run
> into it in other projects (wxWindows comes to mind). If anyone
> can figure out a solution that doesn't involve modifying the
> app, let me know. Until then this should do.

Without modifying the app I don't know, but in this case you could use
CreateDirectory instead.

> Well, it's a clean idea. The CROSSCC stuff that I've adopted
> from the tests it's a bit of a hack, and I do not understand
> why we have it in the first place. It's convenient, but a bit
> ugly (and I guess it survives since it's so small). However,
> as you pointed out, if we do use it for tests, why not for
> winetests, it fits in the same category, it's convenient, and
> we can use it almost as is (this is the only thing we do in
> our Makefile):
>
> winetests_cross.exe: $(CROSSOBJS:_so.res.cross.o=_pe.res.cross.o)
>         $(CROSSCC) $^ -o $@ $(IMPORTS:%=-l%) $(LIBS)
>
> So Alexandre, what say you? :) We'd really like to get this in
> and move forward, there still so much work to do on this front.
> Let's not lose momentum.

The crosstest stuff is a hack that's here to make it possible to do a
quick check under Windows when you modify a test. I don't really see
the same need for winetests, so I'd suggest we do things the clean way
first. If it turns out we really need the hack we can always add it
later.

Also a minor detail: I'd propose to rename winetests to winetest,
since we already have a directory by that name in CVS, it avoids
having too many ugly useless dirs in the repository (plus it fits
in a 8.3 file name ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com