new old winetests

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Dec 2 13:51:02 CST 2003

On December 2, 2003 02:39 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Without modifying the app I don't know, but in this case you could use
> CreateDirectory instead.

Of course we can, for whatever reason we go stuck into using
the std C lib. Not a problem.

> The crosstest stuff is a hack that's here to make it possible to do a
> quick check under Windows when you modify a test. I don't really see
> the same need for winetests, so I'd suggest we do things the clean way
> first. If it turns out we really need the hack we can always add it
> later.

Sure, we'll do it. Thinking about it, it doesn't take that much to
have a different tree anyway, because you would need different obj
files anyway, so I don't think it takes any significant space overhead
to have a different tree, right? In which case the hack simply saves
you to switch to the console that is in the cross-tree...

> Also a minor detail: I'd propose to rename winetests to winetest,
> since we already have a directory by that name in CVS, it avoids
> having too many ugly useless dirs in the repository (plus it fits
> in a 8.3 file name ;-)

Old habits die hard, eh? :))) Consider it done.

--
Dimi.