debugger problems

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Dec 3 11:04:03 CST 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 01:02 am, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2003 12:31 am, Rein Klazes wrote:

> > > I'm just trying to figure out what could be different on your side from
> > > mine.
> > > Are you all using nptl support ?
> >
> > I am not. glibc 2.3.2 on not-patched kernel 2.4.22.
> >
> > Rein.
>
> poking around I find that the for loop in DEBUG_RegisterStabsDebugInfo (in
> programs/winedbg/msc.c) never finds the .stab or .stabstr sections... not
> sure if they are really there or not.  For example, for ntdll, it finds
> only .data and .text....  Not sure what's really wrong here; for now, it's
> my bedtime :P

One more tidbit: readelf clearly shows the .stab and .stabstr sections are
there... any thoughts on this?

--
gmt

"It is to be the assent and ratification of the several States,
derived from the supreme authority in each State, the authority
of the people themselves.  The act, therefore, establishing the
Constitution, will not be a NATIONAL, but a FEDERAL act." --James
Madison, Federalist No. 39