Status of InstallShield-Setup Engine

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 4 12:39:40 CST 2003

On December 4, 2003 01:20 pm, Andreas Rosenberg wrote:
> I'm new to this list. The company I'm working for, is developing
> software for Windows and as a personal Linux fan I was testing
> our software with Wine from time to time. The last tries (several
> month ago) were still pretting bad, but with the Wine from Suse 9.0
> (snapshot from August 2003)
> there were only "trivial" errors (mostly conformance) which we were
> able to circumwent in our software. I tracked all problems and reported
> them als bugs: (1844, 1845, 1847, 1848) together with a patch for two of
> them.

Thank you for the bug reports! However, I'm sorry to say that at the
moment not too many developers monitor Bugzilla, and they go rather
unnoticed. For each of them I would also post a message on wine-devel,
so people can discuss them.

As for patches, always post them to wine-patches if you want them
integrated in the tree. Alexandre never goes looking for them in
Bugzilla.

--
Dimi.