ATI driver crashes the system with wine

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 7 18:56:09 CST 2003

On Sunday 07 December 2003 02:58 pm, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> > I tried that but it still crashes.
> >  I think there is only the one in ~/.wine/config right?
>
> Anyway, even if Wine may be faulty, an X crash is always an X bug or an X
> driver bug :-)
>
> Best way to fix this is to do a +relay trace with Synchronous set to On in
> your config file and try to see where Wine stops (ie in which DLL
> initialisation).
>
>             Lionel

FYI, I use nptl, 2.6, and ati-drivers-3.2.8 (/not/ in wine-compatibility
mode), and it works fine AFAIK.

--
gmt

"It is to be the assent and ratification of the several States,
derived from the supreme authority in each State, the authority
of the people themselves.  The act, therefore, establishing the
Constitution, will not be a NATIONAL, but a FEDERAL act." --James
Madison, Federalist No. 39