regedit: consistent formatting

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Dec 8 12:09:35 CST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:03:00AM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Only whitespace changes. Unfortunately, the formatting was
> all messed up by having tabs of 4 and 8 chars (I said it
> before, and I'll say it again: the only sane way of dealing
> with tabs is to always use the standard size of 8 chars.
> Anything else is too complicated to ever work reliably).

Just to flame a bit (the lists were a bit quiet lately) : the only sane way
to dealing with TABs is when TABs are used properly (ie by an editor that
uses them only to go to the current C indenting level and uses spaces for
everything that comes after).

With such an editor, tab size does not matter at all.

No idea if Emacs / Vi can be used to work like that :-)

            Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/