regedit: consistent formatting

Geoff Thorpe geoff at geoffthorpe.net
Mon Dec 8 20:31:53 CST 2003

On December 8, 2003 03:58 pm, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> > 2) or even better, write a re-tabulator which produce source code
> > following THE RULES (tool that would be applied to all source code on
> > each commit).
> >
> >So it's certainly possible to have it working :-)
> >
> >           Lionel
>
> Not to mention that, a while back, I offered to write a small perl
> script that will bring all sent patches into a consistent format. I
> never even heard back from anyone what format this patch can expect to
> receive and send the mail, nor what the system is running.

Um, there was a fair bit of discussion as I recall - and Alexandre
expressed an interest along the way too. For my part, I may have thrown
too many spanners into the works (having the script customisable for
individual users to rewrite mails into their preferred layout - eg. Dimi
doesn't like attachments). However I'm curious that you thought noone was
interested, because I for one have been very much looking forward to
seeing how it works out! :-)

Cheers,
Geoff

--