Deadlock?

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Tue Dec 9 10:22:50 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:51, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> When trying to run Microsoft Digital Image Pro, I occasionally get
> problems when loading it. The splash screen comes up, and then it hangs.
> This problem only happens occasionally. I have not, to date, managed to
> reproduce it with relay turned on.

You might want to do a run with +tid,+seh,+debugstr and then when it
deadlocks (hopefully it will, sounds like a race) attach with winedbg
then get backtraces of the threads that stopped. BTW it looks like
something died inside a PROCESS_ATTACH or THREAD_ATTACH as evidenced by
the presence of the loader section there. Perhaps it tried to access
GetScrollBarInfo? I've noticed that sometimes operations that should
cause a crash are silently swallowed and simply cause a deadlock
somewhere.