multi-level subdirs under dlls/

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Dec 11 03:49:04 CST 2003

>   -- the organization is confusing since it implies some
>      sort of dependency that's not there (they are all .dlls)

Well, I find it nicer to have separate directories for each COM object in
D3D. I agree that it's all the same DLL, but well, would you prefer
something like :

dlls/ddraw/ddraw_main.c
dlls/ddraw/ddraw_thunk.c
dlls/ddraw/ddraw_opengl.c
dlls/ddraw/dpalette_main.c
(...)

I certainly do not like this and prefer the nested directory structure :-)

>   -- it makes grepping so much more difficult. Instead of the
>      simple:
> 	grep BLAH dlls/*/*.[ch]
>      we need to resort to find, etc.

Well, I use 'glimpse' so I do not really care (and typing 'find' is not that
hard to do).

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/