I made a wish, wrote a letter to Santa...

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Thu Dec 11 04:20:46 CST 2003

I looked at the code (typelib.c/.h) it looks strait forward, read the file.
(Microsoft invented yet another file format, this is when they where
writing the book about OLE files. nu well ...)

I guess it should not be very hard to implement the ICreateTypeLib/2 (I
hope).
Than WIDL can use that Interface to (right?)

typelib.c is assigned to Rein KLazes (by copy-right). Did you experiment
with also writing the TLB? do you have any
code/documentation/URLs/pointers laying around that I should see before
I start? (That is if you are not doing it?)

In the code you are checking for TLB signatures and for a PE. should
that be checking for ELF and than load from resource Just as with PE? Is
there a standard wine way to check for Executables PE or not?

Mean while I can use a pre-made .TLB and stick it in the RC file. Grate
! here comes ELF ActiveX controls.

About stdole32.tlb There must be a standard simple way to Translate it
into HEX format (hence text mode for CVS) and than regenerate from HEX
the actual file for installation. Should I submit an HEX file? Some one
will have to change the Makefiles.

by the way a new bee question: what are the commands in Linux to make a
binary file HEX and back.