winefile can't launch any apps!

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 04:19:57 CST 2003

Hello,

> Found the problem.
> launch_entry is using SEE_MASK_IDLIST, which isnt handled by
> ShellExecuteExA32 now.
>
> The optional shell namespace mode should be disabled by a
> "#define _NO_EXTENSIONS", but I didnt manage to use it.
> Martin, could you bring us some light ?
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2003/08/0062.html
>
> > > However, File|Execute is still working.
> > > This can be a start to understand what is happening here.
> >
> > Yes.  File|Run works fine here, too.
> > - Dan

The problem occures only when using the "Shell" window inside winefile. This
specifies a PIDL as parameter for ShellExecuteEx(). If you use one of the
"drive" windows, there is no crash, because this uses just the plain path
name of the executable. (However I noticed, there is now in the current CVS
version a superfluous "Succeded" message.)

The problem in those shell windows also shows up onnative windows. I will look
into it.

Regards,

    Martin

--