Adding support for a USB device

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 11 13:56:08 CST 2003

> I'm also not sure as to how much such an extension would be wishful
> in the context of Wine itself or if it would unnecessarily complicate
> the existing Wine architecture. Maybe someone with more insigth into
> NTDLL and its supposed architecture could explain more here?
I'm currently working on this by moving all device & file handling into
ntdll. You'll be able (in the future...) to
1/ define your own new devices
2/ define the link of those devices to real unix devices
3/ handle the NtDeviceIoControlFile messages to the device type you're
implementing.

(if everything goes as expected)
A+
--