I made a wish, wrote a letter to Santa...

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Dec 11 14:27:36 CST 2003

> (2) A few things like DirectX and COM are so very closely tied with C++
>     objects that implementing them in C seems an overkill to me. But after
>     knowing they are done, I have nothing against that ....

Well, speaking for DirectX 1-7 , I do not see exactly what C++ would have
gained us (except headaches when you would have needed to check the
generated ASM to see if the compiler did the right thing behind your back to
map 100 % with MS's COM API).

Anyway, it could only have helped us a bit on the COM inftrastructure (which
is about 2 % of the total work and was mostly auto-generated by a Python
script :-) ).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/