Wine Segmentation fault

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Fri Dec 12 06:53:19 CST 2003

>I have a problem with starting wine itself. After trying the CodeWeavers
>wine I wanted to get clean again and removed everything I could find only
>slightly wine related (/usr/bin, /usr/local... etc). I even removed my cvs
>of wine of a few days ago. Then I made a fresh checkout and did the
>complete install with wineinstall. But still after this whole procedure I
>cannot start wine. Any ideas?
>
>Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.22)
>
>fabi at lx_fabi:/usr/local/bin$ gdb wine
>GNU gdb 5.3-debian
>Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>.. snip ..
>This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...
>(gdb) run
>Starting program: /usr/local/bin/wine
>
>Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
>0x40046fc4 in pthread_getconcurrency () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
>(gdb) bt
>#0  0x40046fc4 in pthread_getconcurrency () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
>#1  0x40046e08 in pthread_getconcurrency () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
>#2  0x400463f2 in pthread_create () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
>#3  0x00110de6 in get_threading () at glibc.c:61
>#4  0x00110e2e in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc74) at glibc.c:73

I tried older versions of cvs and got this far. With this version I get:
cvs up -D 2003-11-22 wine
fabi at lx_fabi:/usr/local/bin$ wine -v
wine-20031118

But the following day and later versions I get (as described above):
cvs up -D 2003-11-23 wine
fabi at lx_fabi:/usr/local/bin$ wine -v
Segmentation fault

There are only few changes between these two days. Maybe this
is enough for someone to find out why this doesn't work on my
system (as others apparently don't have a problem).
For the moment I will stay on the last working version.

Thanks

bye   Fabi