win16 app crashes in SCROLL_GetScrollRange()

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Dec 12 13:56:53 CST 2003

Saulius Krasuckas <Saulius.Krasuckas at elst.vtu.lt> writes:

> may now i ask someone for a help or explanation? the question is: if the
> win16 doesn't handle SBM_GETRANGE message, should wine send it in a case
> of win16 app? if no, then i'd like to start writing an additional check
> ;-).

No, there is an SBM_GETRANGE16 message apparently, only it's not
documented. What is needed is to investigate how that message is
supposed to behave, and then implement the proper translation in
WINPROC_MapMsg32ATo16.

> If the nBar parameter is SB_CTL and the window specified by the hWnd
> parameter is not a system scroll bar control, the system sends the
> SBM_GETRANGE message to the window to obtain scroll bar information. This
> allows GetScrollRange to operate on a custom control that mimics a scroll
> bar.
>
> aren't we missing one more check here? maybe we need to check class-name
> of control targeted by hwnd?

No I think our check is fine. If the scrollbar is a window then we
send the message, if it's a system scrollbar (SB_HORZ or SB_VERT) we
don't. Do not pay too much attention to the exact wording of the MSDN
docs, they are not written by someone who really understands the code.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com