Delayed debug tracing

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 13 10:36:45 CST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:56:15 +0000, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to implement delayed debug tracing, by which I mean you can do
> a +relay,+seh,+tid,+win,+otherstuff and yet not create a log file so
> huge it's impossible to work with. I seem to recall seeing this feature
> in WineX, where you can press Alt-F12 to switch it on.
>
> Does anybody who knows the debugging/keyboard code have any particular
> preferences as to how this should be implemented?

Gerard Patel (if I remember his name correctly) send in such a patch
years ago, which was not committed for obvious reasons.

My way to create a small log goes like this. Start wine like this:

(wine <arguments> & read ans; echo '===') 2>&1 |
awk '{if( $1 == "===") flag=1-flag; if(flag) print}' >wine.log

filling the log will only begin after pressing the enter key. Add a
while(true), to make it behave as a toggle.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl