Delayed debug tracing

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Dec 13 15:06:45 CST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 20:43, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Isn't 0xeedfade just the usual "strange" marker for some weird things in
> Wine? A grep ought to help here...

Nah, I found it. A quick hunch and some looking through the Delphi VCL
source showed 0xeedfade to be the generic "Native Delphi Exception"
error code, ie it's an internal non-win32 exception generated by the
delphi compiler itself.

In other words, it's no use at all.

I don't understand why I like working on Wine sometimes. This app is
crazy. It actually ships with a linker .map file (text describing
symbolic exports, even line number info), and then the program mmaps it
and presumably tries to parse it. Why?!? How much more broken can this
program get?! It already crashes if it can't find printers or MS Word!

argh, kill me now....