Allocating too much memory for prelink workaround

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Dec 13 15:51:57 CST 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> Well, I asked this before but didn't get an answer - why can't we work
> with Jakub to have some new ELF flag/section to reserve a particular
> area of memory for the win32 binary?

Of course we can, I was trying to find a way that would work today,
without requiring upgrading to CVS binutils.

Also, frankly, I've spent the last year chasing glibc breakages, and I
don't particularly feel like spending the next year chasing kernel
breakages. I was kind of hoping someone else would pick that fight, so
I could go back to writing some real Wine code for a change...

> Hmm, also, what happens if the binary is >256mb? For instance, some very
> large installers can go beyond that size. How does that work on Windows?

Just make the array larger. I chose 256Mb because I haven't seen a
binary larger than that, but if you have seen one feel free to fix the
size.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com