Help w/fd_ops for SMB

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 18:46:03 CST 2003

Hi folks, I'm trying to modify Wine's SMB code to use
Netbios(), rather than implementing NetBIOS-over-TCPIP
itself.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to handle
the fd_ops in the wineserver.  I was hoping for input.

Currently, the SMB code creates a socket directly, and
this socket is polled by the server for readability.

Netbios() hides a connection behind an 8-bit adapter
index and an 8-bit session index, so there's no way
(through the Netbios() interface) to get the socket
handle being used for a connection.

Any opinions on whether (and if yes, how) the polling
should be done?

One possibility might be to figure out the TDI stuff,
as using TDI for NetBIOS allows you to avoid the
Netbios() interface.  However, I haven't found any
public documentation for the TDI interface to NetBIOS,
except perhaps in the NT DDK (whose license I think is
problematic).

Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks,
--Juan